Sustainable cross-border infrastructure and mobility in North-West Europe’s Delta corridor
27sep13:0015:00Sustainable cross-border infrastructure and mobility in North-West Europe’s Delta corridorDerde jaarlijkse ITEM / HNP side event in het kader van de European Week of Cities and Regions (#EURegionsWeek) 2023
Watch this event via the YouTube live stream Third annual side event
Third annual side event in relation to the European Week of Regions and Cities and (#EURegionsWeek) 2023
What is the impact of increased sustainability of the infrastructure and mobility on European level and how does it affect cross-border regions? What do the new European frameworks mean for cross border rail transport, pipe transports and inland shipping? What implication does it specifically have for hubs or logistics barriers?
On the 27th of September 2023, the House of the Dutch Provinces (HNP) and the Institute for Transnational and Euregional cross border cooperation and Mobility (ITEM) warmly welcome you to attend this third annual side event in relation to the European Week of Cities and Regions (#EURegionsWeek) 2023 and participate in the debate. Previous events dealt with cross-border energy transition and the impact of COVID-19 on cross-border workers,
Welcome and introduction by the President of the House of the Dutch Provinces, Commissioner of the King of the Province of North Holland Arthur van Dijk & ITEM director Anouk Bollen-Vandenboorn.
The event will consist of four panels, including representatives from the European Commission, public stakeholders, researchers, and regional and local politicians.
Panel I – How to use the lessons learned from strategic projects on sustainable transport infrastructure?
- Markus Bangen, CEO Duisburger Hafen
- Turi Fiorito, Director European Federation of Inland Ports
- Hans de Meij, Project coordinator North Sea Port
Panel II – How can young people contribute to the future of sustainable transport and mobility in Europe?
- Robert-Jan van der Zwaag, Chair of the Jong RDW (Netherlands Vehicle Authority)
- Guy Dumoulin and Jenna van Roovert students participating in the PREMIUM Project: ITEM, on cross-border public transport at Maastricht University
Panel III – How to tackle cross-border practical barriers regarding rail, pipelines, ports & inland shipping?
- Karin De Schepper, Director of Inland Navigation Europe (INE)
- Lieselot Marinus, Head EU public affairs, port Antwerpen-Brugge
- Herald Ruijters, Acting Deputy Director-General of DG MOVE at the European Commission
- Martin Unfried, Senior Researcher at ITEM
Panel IV – How to fasten the transition towards sustainability on a cross-border level with focus on Dutch, German and Benelux experiences?
- Viktor Haase, State Secretary at the Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Transport for the State of North Rhine Westfalia (online)
- Frans Weekers, Secretary General of the Benelux Union in Brussels
- Arthur van Dijk, President of the House of the Dutch Provinces and former President of the Dutch Association for Transport and Logistics (TLN)
Moderator Simone van Trier will close the event with a reflection on strengthening the infrastructure and mobility between the Belgian, the German and the Dutch partners.
The event will take place on 27 September 2023 from 13:00-15:00 hours via a YouTube live stream. The language of the conference in English. Please sign-up for this event via this registration form. We look forward to your attendance!
(Woensdag) 13:00 - 15:00
Online via YouTube livestream